The Maharana Mewar Charitable Foundation has been established in the year 1969 by the king late highness Maharana Bhagwat Singh Mewar to conserve the old heritage traditions. These Annual Awards were instituted in 1980 – 1981 to recognize college and school students, in Udaipur, for their academic and sporting achievements. The scope and spectrum of the awards have been steadily widening since 1981, now the Annual Awards Ceremony not only applauds students but also honors international and national scholars for their work of permanent value to society. this year the ceremony was followed by the ritual when the awardees received awards from Dr. K. Kasturirangan, Chief Guest of the Ceremony and Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur, Chairman and Managing Trustee of Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation.
LIST OF AWARDEES – 2019
Colonel James Tod Award: Dr. Paul T. Craddock
Haldighati Award: Ms. Swati Chaturvedi
Hakim Khan Sur Award: Mr. Suresh Wadkar
Maharana Udai Singh Awards: Ms. Geeta Seshamani & Mr. Kartick Satyanarayan
Panna Dhai Awards: Mr. Swapan Debbarma & Ms. Suma Debbarma
Maharishi Harit Rashi Awards: Dr. Narottam Pujari & Dr. Hemant Krishan Mishra
Maharana Mewar Award: Ms. Malini Awasthi
Maharana Kumbha Awards: Dr. Jitendra Kumar Singh ‘Sanjay’ & Dr. Girish Nath Mathur
Maharana Sajjan Singh Award: Mr. Jamna Lal Kumhar
Dagar Gharana Award: Ustad Mohi Bahauddin Dagar
Rana Punja Award: Mr. Jhalam Chand Angari
Aravali Award: Mr. Sandeep Singh Maan
Maharana Mewar Special Award: Best Police Station of Rajasthan Makbara, Kota
Bhamashah Awards: 18 Students
Maharana Raj Singh Awards: 8 Students
Maharana Fateh Singh Awards: 80 Students
- Maharana Mewar Foundation International Annual Award titled Colonel James Tod Award – 2019 is conferred to Dr. Paul T. Craddock for his outstanding contribution through his works of permanent value an understanding of the spirit and values of Mewar.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation National Annual Award titled Haldighati Award – 2019 is conferred to Ms. Swati Chaturvedi for her work of permanent value in awakening society through the medium of journalism.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation National Annual Award entitled Hakim Khan Sur Award – 2019 is conferred to Mr. Suresh Wadkar in recognition of his distinguished service of permanent value to society by spreading the message of integration and introducing Hindustani Classical Music to thousands of students. It has been his continuous endeavor to educate, integrate and spread Hindustani Music, Culture and Art across society through devotional songs in different languages. Through his pursuit of excellence and his expressive music, he encourages young people to get involved in nation-building projects and other activities.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation National Annual Award titled Maharana Udai Singh Award – 2019 is conferred to Ms. Geeta Seshamani and Mr. Kartick Satyanarayan for their work of permanent value in protecting and enriching the environment, hand – in – hand with future development.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation National Annual Award titled Panna Dhai Award – 2019 is conferred to Mr. Swapan Debbarma and Ms. Suma Debbarma in recognition of their rendering selfless service, rising beyond the call of duty and who sets an example in the society of permanent value through sacrifice, in the face of immense hostility.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Awards entitled Maharishi Harit Rashi Award – 2019 is conferred to Dr. Narottam Pujari for his distinguished work of permanent value in awakening society through the medium of astrological culture.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Awards entitled Maharishi Harit Rashi Award – 2019 is conferred to Dr. Hemant Krishna Mishra for his distinguished work of permanent value in awakening society through the medium of ancient language and literature.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award entitled Maharana Mewar Award – 2019 is awarded to Ms. Malini Awasthi for her distinguished service of permanent value to serve the society by promoting folk art and living heritage through education and literature.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award entitled Maharana Kumbha Award – 2019 is conferred to Dr. Jitendra Kumar Singh ‘Sanjay’, for his work of permanent to society through the medium of history and literature.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award entitled Maharana Kumbha Award – 2019 is conferred to Dr. Girish Nath Mathur for his work of permanent to society through the medium of research in Historical Archives.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award entitled Maharana Sajjan Singh Award – 2019 is conferred to Mr. Jamna Lal Kumhar for his work of permanent to society through the artistic medium of traditional Terracotta Art and Craft.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award titled Dagar Gharana Award – 2019 is conferred to Ustad Mohi Baha’ud-din Dagar for his achievements in the field of Indian Classical Music.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award entitled Rana Punja Award – 2019 is conferred to Mr. Jhalam Chand Angari for contributing permanent value to society in the rural and tribal area.
- Maharana Mewar Foundation Annual Award titled Aravali Award – 2019 is conferred to Mr. Sandeep Singh Maan for achieving distinction in Paralympics Athletics.
- Maharana Mewad Special award is given to the Police Station Makbara, Kota.
- Bhamashah Award is a State Award. This award was instituted to honour students achieving top position by securing the highest percentage in the faculties of B.A., B.A.,L.L.B, B.Pharmacy, B.Ed, B.Architecture, B.Sc, B.Sc. home science, B.SC Biotechnology, B.SC Nursing, B.SC Agriculture, B.T.M, B.TECH-IT, B.C.A.,B.P.T. Physiotherapy, C.A, C.S, B.T.M, Diploma -modern office technology from amongst all the Universities of Rajasthan in recognition of selfless sacrifice, astute financial management and devotion to duty by Bhamashah to the House of Mewar.
- Maharana Raj Singh Award was instituted to honour deserving students of universities based within the municipal limits of Udaipur and also students from those colleges who are affiliated to these universities, but are located outside Udaipur, for distinguished achievements in (i) Games and Sports (ii) Cultural, literary, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities conducted by a recognised body.
- Maharana Fateh Singh Award was instituted to honor those regular students who have passed Secondary and Senior Secondary exams of Central Board of Secondary Education and Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan from Secondary and Senior Secondary schools located within municipal limits of Udaipur.
AMBIANCE AND STRUCTURE OF THE MMFAA CEREMONY
Talking about the stage the whole stage was given a heritage feeling with all walls covered with red curtains and big halogen lights. the ambiance of the city palace has its own royal beauty. words can never define the true beauty of the city palace. heavenly made palaces and hotels, the entire entrance, the people who were greeting us, the whole staff and most of all the kindest king of ours were four moon passion at the evening. also the prince Mr. Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar was standing during the whole procession of award function, isn’t it the perfect example of how kind and down to earth a king could be…